Shoppers Drug Mart currently has specially marked 6 packs of Royale 3 ply facial tissue with a peelie coupon booklet with “Over $10 in Couch, Cold & Flu Savings”. They are on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $3.99 instead of their regular price tag of $6.49 until Friday, January 18, 2013 (my local store changes their prices to the next week’s flyer at 8pm – be sure to check with your local stores). I don’t usually buy 3 ply tissue but with the lure of several $1 OFF Canadian Coupons in my binder, and a store perk where I needed to reach a minimum of $75 to earn $20 back in gift cards ($10 for Tim Hortons + $10 for Shoppers Drug Mart), I took the bait!
Here are the Canadian Coupons that I found inside the peelie booklet. All coupons are good until March 31, 2013 and are valid only at participating Shoppers Drug Mart locations excluding Quebec. The fine print also indicates “not valid with any other promotional offer or coupon” which means that if you have a coupon for Bonus Optimum Points on that item, you will not likely be able to use the coupon. Similarly, if you are lucky enough to be able to stack coupons at a store that honours competitor’s coupons (what a dream!), this coupon is not stackable.
- Royale $2 OFF when you buy any 2 Royale Mega Bathroom Tissue 9 or 12 pack
- Royale BOGO FREE: Buy One Royale Lotion Tissue and Get one Royale Lotion Tissue Free (maximum value $2.49)
- Otrivin $2 OFF Otrivin Complete
- Otrivin $2 OFF Otrivin Saline Sea Water & Aloe or Otrivin Sea Water for Babies
- Buckley’s $2.50 OFF any Buckley’s 24 count Liquid Gels
None of these coupons strike me as “gold”. In fact, most are available to order to arrive in the mail for FREE or print from home:
- Royale $1 OFF a multiple pack (12 or 24 rolls) with Canadian Coupon from GoCoupons.ca which arrives in the mail (for FREE) usually within 3-5 business days (exp June 30, 2013). The peelie sticker is for 9 or 12 roll packs, so they’re slightly different, and you have to buy 2 rolls when using the peelie sticker coupon.
- Royale Lotion Facial Tissue Buy 1 Get 1 FREE ($2.49 value) with Canadian Coupon from GoCoupons.ca (exp June 30, 2013). The peelie sticker is identical only with a shorter expiry date.
- Otrivin & Buckley’s had $5 OFF printable Canadian Coupons via SmartSource back in September, 2012. I’m not entirely sure of the expiry dates on those ones (nor are they available to print any longer) but if someone had printed those, they would certainly trump these peelie stickers.
- Buckley’s also offered a $4 OFF printable Canadian Coupon to their facebook fans via SmartSource in December, 2012. It’s for any size Liquid Gels or Caplets (and, like the peelie, not valid in Quebec). That’s an even better deal than the peelie, even if you take into consideration the cost of printing (and, as some would insist, the cost of selling your soul to these facebook pages for a mere coupon!) I printed a copy of that coupon on December 11, 2012 and it was issued an expiry date of January 24, 2013. Murphy’s Law dictates I’ll come down with a nasty cold on January 25th – send soup, ok?!
Was it worth it to buy these tissues for the coupons inside? Not for me, personally. For someone who needs Otrivin though, they’d pay off, as there don’t seem to be any other coupons for that brand floating around at the moment (please do drop a line if you know of any …. we try to keep the Canadian Coupons community “in the know” as best we can!). Am I pleased with the overall value for my money this time? Yes. Each box worked out to $.50 and they helped me earn my $20 in gift cards. And I do like to have 3 ply tissues on hand during serious cold & flu season – especially since it’s usually my hand holding the kleenex for 6 little noses that need blown on any given day.
One of my New Year’s Resolutions for 2013 is to be more diligent about giving away and/or trading Canadian Coupons that I won’t use. As such, I’ve loaded these newly acquired Otrivin and Buckley’s coupons to my CouponSpare account. Look me up, if you want ’em! (if you’re new to CouponSpare, read the Canadian Coupons Guide to Trading Coupons to get started).
Christa Clips ~ January 14, 2013Want more samples & coupons? Subscribe and we'll deliver the best samples & coupons to your inbox!