Look for the specially marked packages of Life cereal by Quaker – there are 8 Canadian Coupons on the back of the box! I picked up 3 boxes at Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday for a REALLY good deal after you count in the coupons, points, and store perk. I’ve stored them properly to make sure I use these Canadian Coupons before they expire – read on for tips & tricks!
- $2 OFF Quaker Harvest Crunch Granola Bars (175g-210g, any flavour/variety). These often go on sale for $2 a box so we’ll most likely see some OOP$ moments with these coupons (OOP$ is Canadian Coupons’ way of saying $0 Out of Pocket!)
- $1 OFF Quaker Instant Oatmeal (216-425g, any flavour/variety)
- $2 OFF a case of Dole juice cocktail or Dole Sparklers real fruit beverage (12×355 mL pack, any flavour/variety)
- $1 OFF Brisk iced tea 12-pack case (12×355 mL, any flavour)
- $1 OFF new! Tropicana Trop50 Calcium and Vitamin D juice beverage (1.75 L)
- $1 OFF Twistos Baked Snack Bites or Crackers (135-150 g, any flavour)
- $1 OFF Tostitos Cantina extra thin tortilla chips (220 g)
- $1 OFF any 18-count Multipack (504 g)
All of these Canadian Coupons are good through December 31, 2013 and include only 1 of the usual restrictions: cannot be used with any other coupon. Because they don’t state “I per customer/transaction”, we redeem 3 similar coupons in the same transaction, for example, if we have 3 products. Need a brush-up on coupon lingo? Here’s the Canadian Coupons Fine Print 101 Guide to help you figure out what the restrictions all mean for you as a consumer.
Storage: you can’t redeem coupons that are still at home in your cupboard! It’s really important to clip your Canadian Coupons before you put away your cereal boxes in the cupboard or stockpile storage area. I can’t begin to count the number of times I’ve encountered a product on sale and kick myself for not having a coupon with me, especially if the coupon matched to the sale price would have resulted in an OOP$ moment! Even worse, I’ve found expired coupons on specially marked packaging in my pantry – for products that I’d recently purchased, too!
But no one likes smushed up bags of cereal in the pantry …
Finding a storage solution for loose bags of cereal is important. I use these Rubbermaid containers to stack my cereal bags after I’ve cut the coupons off of the boxes. Afterall, no one likes smushed up bags of cereal in the pantry, myself included. I tuck in the UPC (in case of future recall … remember those Mini Wheats boxes from last winter?), expiry date and of course the name of the product!
Anyone recognize where these FREE Rubbermaid containers are from?!
Stock up on specially marked boxes while they’re on sale. I picked up 3 boxes of Life cereal at Shoppers Drug Mart in a transaction that had 5 layers of savings – 6 if you include the coupons on the back of the box!
- I purchased $150 in Shoppers Drug Mart gift cards and earned regular points PLUS 8,000 points (promotion on until November 15h – details here). Everything I purchase with these gift cards have an automatic 15% OFF based on what those Optimum Points are worth to me.
- I paid for that $150 Shoppers Drug Mart gift card with a CIBC Dividend Credit Card and will get 1% cash back on my December statement. Hey, a buck fitty is a buck fitty!
- I added 3 boxes of Life Cereal to my cart – sale price $2.49
- I used the Shoppers Drug Mart gift card that I’d just bough to pay for my transaction and earned regular Optimum Points on that purchase. Each box of Life gave me 249 points worth 60¢ in FREE stuff at a Spend Your Points Event.
- My transaction was over $50 so I earned a $10 OFF Shoppers Drug Mart Gift Card (current promotion until Nov 15, 2013)
Even without the Canadian Coupons on the box, plus the gift card promotions, I likely would have bought a box of Life Cereal at the $2.49 sale price. The added value of the Canadian Coupons to clip on the back of the box and all of the extra layers of savings thanks to the store perks meant that I bought 3 boxes, instead!
Christa Clips ~ November 12, 2013Want more samples & coupons? Subscribe and we'll deliver the best samples & coupons to your inbox!