I took advantage of Shoppers Drug Mart’s 18,500 Bonus Optimum Points offer today and did really, really well! I didn’t have ANY coupons with me when I went in (rare!) although I did end up spotting & using 2 tear pad coupons. Here’s how I came home with $102.13 worth of products for only $25.01 out of pocket!
- Clear Shampoo 2 @$5.99 sale price – $2 OFF tear pad coupons on the shelf
- Eyelash glue $6.49 sale price (I’m on my way to a blogging conference and want to try them out!)
- Nestle Hallowe’en Candy 3@ $13.99 sale price PLUS there are $10 in coupons inside each box – I’ll blog about them next week when I’m back from the conference, I promise!
- Dempster’s English Muffins $1.99 sale price
- Excellence Chocolate 2@$2.50 sale price (for Hubs … miss me when I’m off to Blissdom Canada, ok?!)
- Neilson Milk 2@$3.97 regular price
- Danone Creamy 2@$2.00 sale price
Subtotal: $75.37 (I needed to get up to the $75 mark. Unlike the 20x Points events, there was no added bonus for going over so I ended up leaving a pack of bandaids with the cashier … I’ll save them for when I need help reaching another threshold!)
Full retail value of all items: $102.13
Coupons tendered: $4.00
Savings from Sale Prices: $22.76
Optimum Points Earned: 19,290
As usual, I asked the cashier to suspend the transaction so that I could buy a Shoppers Drug Mart gift card to cover the total transaction, with taxes. I earned another 860 points for an $86 gift card, then simply used that gift card to pay for my items.
I also submitted my receipt to Checkout 51 and earned another $2 back for spending more than $20 in groceries with my Visa card.
Total value of Points: $48.36 if redeemed at a Spend Your Points Event as part of a 95,000 points redemption
Summary: I paid $75.37, earned back $50.36 in Optimum Points and Cash Back Rebates.
My virtual out of pocket is just $25.01 for $102.13 worth of products if I’d bought them at full price with no Shoppers Optimum Points in return. Why anyone would ever do that, is beyond me!
Christa Clips ~ October 2, 2013Want more samples & coupons? Subscribe and we'll deliver the best samples & coupons to your inbox!