Here are 20 things to consider for Shoppers Drug Mart’s 20% or 20x Printable Canadian Coupon valid until 20h on the 20th!
- Choose to SAVE 20% or EARN 20x Optimum Points with a minimum $50 purchase at Shoppers Drug Mart.
- The coupon is valid from 5-8 pm only on Wednesday, February 20, 2013
- Your minimum subtotal of $50 is calculated before taxes and coupons (except for FPCs – free product coupons and products you get FREE from B1G1 FREE coupons, for example). Thanks to Canadian Coupons facebook community members Nadyne L. and Krysyn D. for correcting my error – I’ve been calculating my subtotal “after coupons” for months!
- You must present your printed Canadian Coupon with your Shoppers Optimum card to get either offer. If you don’t have an Optimum Card yet (i can barely breathe just thinking about that), be sure to sign up in store. It takes about 2 minutes, it’s FREE, and you’ll save a tonne of money if you shop regularly at Shoppers Drug Mart.
- If you choose the 20% offer, only regular priced items will count towards your $50 subtotal
- If you have several sale or discount items on your shopping list, they can count towards the 20x points option
- Prestige Cosmetics can count towards your subtotal if you’re choosing the 20x Points offer
- Prestige Fragrances can count torwards your subtotal if you’re choosing the 20x Points offer
- 20% off of $50 is worth $10 in savings
- 20x points on a $50 purchase adds up to 10,000 points
- 10,000 Optimum points are worth $24 in FREE merchandise if redeemed at a Spend Your Points event
- There’s a maximum discount of $50 if choosing the 20% offer (so don’t spend over $250)
- There is no maximum number of Optimum Points you can earn if choosing the 20x Points option: if your subtotal is going to be $260, for example, that’d be 52,000 points or $124.80 in FREE merchandise at at a Spend Your Points Event. There’s no big decision to make when you get up into these high subtotals. That’s clear!
- By purchasing a Shoppers Drug Mart gift card on the way in (or asking the cashier to suspend your transaction) to cover your total (include the taxes) you’ll immediately earn at least 500 more Optimum Points (10 for each dollar spent)
- You can use manufacturer’s coupons for either offer to get more merchandise for your $50 subtotal
- You cannot combine either offer with other Shoppers Optimum Coupons (e.g. the 16,000 points when you spend $100 coupons that many of us received in the mail)
- If you’re picking up prescriptions while you’re there (even though they won’t count towards your subtotal), ask for your total with taxes and buy a Shoppers Drug Mart gift card to cover the exact cost. You’ll earn 10 Shoppers Optimum points for ever dollar spent. A $100 total would earn you back $2.40 in points if you redeem them at a Spend Your Points event. So if you’re only saving a few dollars in dispensing fees at another pharmacy, consider simplifying and doing it all in one trip.
- Shoppers Drug Mart honours the Scanning Code of Practice (SCOP) but if you ask for your FREE item (up to $10 value) for an item that scanned incorrectly, keep in mind that your subtotal may dip below the $50 threshold and you’ll forfeit the 20-20 offer if you don’t have something quickly to add to your cart.
- Shoppers Drug Mart has the lowest prices for milk, bread, eggs, and butter in our town. Check your location’s prices and consider stocking up on those staples if you need help reaching the $50 threshold
- The list of usual exclusions (like lottery, tobacco, etc.) applies to both offers (click here for details)
I have a shopping list ready to go that adds up to $53 after coupons and sales. It includes milk, eggs, butter, Oasis orange juice, Dempster’s Whole Grain bread, Almond Fresh, SunMaid raisin bread, Lindt chocololate, Epsom salts, Imodium, and my BFF (that’s Best Flyer Find!), Garnier Body Cream for just $.99 after coupons! I always have a list of add-on items that we’re running low on just incase I need to bump up my subtotal. My add-ons this time are Q-tips, Goodnites, fabric softener, BioBleach and Oral B refills. If I paid full price for my shopping list (not including add-ons), it would cost $87. With the 20x points coupon, I’ll earn back about $25 in points for a combined savings of 68%. Stay tuned on the 20th after 20h to see how my 20x offer played out!
Christa Clips ~ February 19, 2013Want more samples & coupons? Subscribe and we'll deliver the best samples & coupons to your inbox!