I love Garnier BB Creme! Anything that saves a step in the morning is AOK by me, and this one combines mosturizer with foundation/tint. It’s on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart until today, but there’s a 18,500 Bonus Optimum Points Coupon for tomorrow. Ahhh! Which deal is best? (talk about “first world problems!”)
- Sale price $11.99
- Canadian Coupon for $3 OFF (from FREE sample that came in the mail or order yours from the hidden WebSaver portal)
- Total $8.99 or 56% OFF the regular price
- Regular price $19.99
- Shoppers Drug Mart Coupon for 18,500 points with $75 purchase (click here for details)
- Canadian Coupon for $3 OFF (from FREE sample that came in the mail or order from hidden WebSaver portal)
- Total $16.99 or 16% OFF the regular price
- EARN 4930 Bonus Points* worth $11.83 in FREE stuff at a Spend Your Points Event
- Virtual Total in the longrun: $5.16 or 76% OFF!
Wow! Even though the sale price of $11.99 looks better at first, by stocking up on items with manufacturer’s coupons during these Bonus Points Events, the eventual savings are greater. I realize that not everyone has the time (or desire!) to sit down and figure out when it’s best to purchase a sale item, but by taking a few minutes before these Shoppers Drug Mart promotions, I’m often able to ensure that I’m saving in the 70-80% OFF range on most items.
Redeeming Canadian Coupons at these events is a GREAT way to reach the minimum threshold of $75 without actually spending that much! The threshold total is calculated before manufacturer’s coupons (except for items that are FREE as part of a FPC -free product coupon, or part of a Buy 1 Get 1 offer). To reach the minimum $75 threshold tomorrow, my list includes:
- milk, bread, eggs, yogurt,
- Garnier BB creme, Garnier Ultra Lift Serum
I’ll be redeeming $13 in Canadian Coupons so will only be spending $62 plus tax. I have coupons for:
- $3 OFF BB Creme
- $3 OFF Ultra Lift
- $1 OFF sunscreen
- $5 OFF when you buy 3 Danone products
- $1 OFF bread
Being a Save-at-Home-Mom means that I do have the time to compare flyer prices and work out when it’s best to redeem my Canadian Coupons. I spent about 10 minutes planning out my trip for tomorrow: not a bad time:savings ratio as far as I’m concerned!
*Caluclations based on 18,500/$75 = each dollar spend earns 246 Bonus Optimum Points
Christa Clips ~ July 22, 2013Want more samples & coupons? Subscribe and we'll deliver the best samples & coupons to your inbox!